Friday, April 11, 2008

When you least expect it...

Why do things happen at the oddest times? Today, while shopping for a baby sling, my car died. It didn't technically die, the fuel pump died. (Bye, Bye fuel pump #1) Emily and I were at the Firewheel Mall.

The total time it took us to get to the mall: 15 minutes.

The total time it took us to find, try on and buy the sling: 15 minutes.

The total time it took us to figure out that the car wasn't working: 2 turns of the key.

Even though car trouble is an awful experience it helps to have GREAT family. Most of the time I don't know what I would do without my family. Since Emily was with me (so was K and S), Scott was at work, Craig was at work, Mom was at work, Sandy at work, so who does that leave....Grandaddy to save the day! So my father-in-law, who is the greatest father-in-law ever (Em: Pa is great too but lives far away) comes up from the other side of town to help. Then when we called our mom to tell her that we were stranded for a while, she jumped in her car to come to our rescue too. How great is that? To have a family who will drop what they are doing to help you. It is really a blessing.

So the car has been towed. The mechanic called to let us know just how many organs we needed to sell to pay for this. I am just very happy that when I need someone, my family will be there!

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.

~Anthony Bundt

No comments: