Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Work and being a Mom...

I have been back to work for 4 days now. So far everything has gone smoothly. I worried before going back to work how I would handle it since I was still nursing. As with most things my worries were unnecessary. When I have to step away everything is fine and I am back in a flash.

Well today really tested if I could continue nursing or not. In San Antonio, Our Lady of the Lake University admin building was on fire. So of course that meant we were live as long as KENS was live. I did it! I was able to fulfill being the mom that I want to be while still doing my job when it is busy. I feel so relaxed now. I said going back to work reminded me of the first day of school. Well today reminded me of a first test. The anticipation is overwhelming but with the right preparation and level-headedness everything works out.

No comments: