Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 5: Pain medicine, oh how I love thee...

Really! I do. You don't really notice how much you love it until you sleep through your next dose. Then wake up in P A I N! Yep, bad. I would say a pain scale of 7 or 8. Ouchie.

I started taking only one pill, which hurt but wasn't so bad. I am trying to ween of the medicine. We will see how it goes!

Today was uncomfortable compared to other days. I just couldn't get comfy. I went with Scott to pick J up from school. I was alright until we got in the car to head to his doctor appointment. The kiddos had their flu shots today, yea! I got car sick and just plain didn't feel good. That is until I crawled back up onto my couch with my eyes closed. I really underestimated what kind of surgery it is when I think, oh it is nothing just tonsils. Um. No silly, that is still a major surgery. I guess I just don't want to be a whiner. You know the kind who gets all complainy over little things. I really am not a fan of the complainer.

Another quick odditie from today. Tonight when I took my pain medicine I took two so I could sleep well. Man did it feel good. I was able to eat some rolls and not cry whilst eating. Then it hit me and I was out. It is weird this medicine doesn't make me drowsy, it knocks me out. Because here I am awake only 2 hours after being knocked out. I am still tired but I don't feel like I did. Weird huh!

I suppose we will see how tomorrow feels? Hopefully better because I don't want to take more time off work but I do want to heal properly. I will decide on Wednesday if I need a few more days or not.

No comments: