Monday, October 18, 2010

Challenege: Week 1- FAIL

But that is ok! I tried. Now I am trying harder because really, in all honesty it is not ok!

I worked out and meet my goal. That is good, but I need to do more. I don't feel tired or sore or out of sorts after a workout (a little sweat but really nada). So I need to work harder. I need, the oh so cliche, an open conversation with my body. My mind and body apparently aren't friends because they are doing everything they can to be mean to each other.

My food goal was ehhh. I didn't over indulge but I didn't do my best. I don't know food. Really. I don't. I know how to cook. I know some pretty good recipes. But I do not know food. I don't know how to eat. I don't know what food is good for me for the right reasons. I know that carrots are good for the eyes, blah blah but really what everything does.

So my 2 Goals for week 2: (oh yea, I am also going to try not to be overwhelmed so I will only have as many goals as the week I am on)

My first goal is to educate myself about food. I am tempted to visit a nutrionist, but our car was broken into so our spare money went to replacing a broken window. So I am going to educate myself the best I can using available resources.

My second goal is going to be to less harsh if I mess up. I am human. I am trying to make a lifestyle change. There will be bumps and bruises. I may fall of the wagon but I am going to try and do it the smart way. This is also going to include getting back to reality. I CAN NOT in good health loose 20 lbs in 10 9 weeks. I have hashimoto thyroiditis and pcos. It is not going to be easy. I am going to be less harsh. BUT I am going to work HARD!

p.s. Did you KNOW how many carbs are in onions? ONIONS? yea. me neither.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Don't get discouraged. Just keep at it. Even baby steps are steps forward.

Patti B. said...

I've been there. I personally hate to cook, though I recently found some very good recipes. I tend to make those until I'm tired of them, then look for something new.