Friday, November 19, 2010

House work!

I have to clean tomorrow. I have to clean the downstairs. The entire. downstairs. It will not take long. Maybe two hours of semi constant work. I need to mop the playroom and kitchen. (And by mop I mean use the steam mop that magically makes my house beautiful). I NEED to get the house in tip top shape. Do you know why? Because Scott works on Sunday and is off on Wednesday. This means he will have Monday through Friday at home and I would LOVE for him not to have to do anything! Garage is clean, nothing to repair (no jinx please), backyard on it's way (I need to rake leaves but for some weird reason I love doing that) and after I get the last few rooms in our house clean, the house will be CLEAN!
Now we have two children who pretty much have full run of the house. I am not a parent who makes them keep the house perfectly clean. They will get out toys, then move on to other toys and leave the originals on the floor. They do pick up before we go somewhere or at night but they are kids. They need to play.

What will we do? Nothing. Nothing unless we want to! How cool is that?

I think the *real* reason that I want him to have the relaxing time is guilt. I feel bad that we are not going to visit his family Thanksgiving in Lubbock. Another knife in the gut guilt-ness, I think his whole immediate family is going. We have enjoyed at least 8 Thanksgivings together. We have been to two in Dallas, 2 in Colorado and one in Missouri. So 5 out of 8 isn't bad right? No. It isn't. I feel bad mostly because we could go. If I took off Friday we could go. But that means we I wouldn't get to go to my extended families Christmas party. And it means I wouldn't be able to Black Friday shop with my sister. AND that means if one of the kids gets sick between now and Christmas I would have to use one of my saved week off days that I have saved for the end of the year. You see, there are a LOT of I's in there.

I have one day off left for the year. I am taking the week off after Christmas, so between now and then I have 1 day! I am hardcore Black Friday Shopping with my sister on Friday and going to work after that!

So... In short... This weekend. I am going to clean our house, because my husband who works very hard is going to have a relaxing 5 days without working!

No comments: